નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૫૯૪, રાગ - કાનડો
Nādbrahma pada 594, rāga - kānado
Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 2008, Elko)
ભક્તિ હિંડોળો પરમ સુખકારી;
વેદ પુરાણ શાસ્ત્ર શોધ કે, સબ સંતન મિલી કિયો હૈ વિચાર ... ટેક
bhakti hiňdolo param sukh-kāri
ved purān shāstra shodh ke, sab saňtan mili kiyo hai vichār ... repeat
વિચાર વિવેક દોઉ સ્થંભ મનોહર, દોરી પ્રેમ પ્રીત શું લાયી;
સમ દમ ઔર સંતોષ હી ક્ષમા, દાંડી ચાર પરમ સોહાયી ... ૧
vichār vivek do-u sthambh mano-har, dori prem prit shuň lāyi
sam dam a-u-r saňtosh hi kshamā, dāňdi chār param sohāyi ... 1
આ હિંડોળે સનકાદિક ઝુલે, શંકર ઝુલે અતિ અનુરાગે;
શુક મુનિ વ્યાસ પ્રહ્લાદ ધ્રુવસે, નારદ ઝુલે પરમ બડભાગે ... ૨
ā hiňdole sanakā-dik jhule, shaňkar jhule ati anu-rāge
shuk muni vyās prah-lād dhruv-se, nārad jhule param bad-bhāge ... 2
અનંતકોટિ સંત પ્રેમ શું ઝુલે, ઝુલત આનંદ ઉર ન સમાયે;
કહેત કબીર આ હિંડોળે ઝુલત, જન્મ મરણ ભવદુઃખ મિટાયો ... ૩
anaňt-koti saňt prem shuň jhule, jhulat ānaňd ur na samāye
kahet kabir ā hiňdole jhulat, janma maran bhav-dukh mitāyo ... 3
1. Dhaman, Asundar - August 14, 1990, Janmashtami
2. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - September 2, 2010, Janmashtami
3. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - September 5, 2015, Janmashtami
[Spiritual knowledge is initially obtained in the form of information, and when the information that we have obtained is tested or experienced through our experience becomes, knowledge. Studying Bhagwad Geeta we come to realize Shri Krishna as an experienced spiritually enlightened person and Arjun as a novice seeker. If mind is in a pleasant state, we can worship or meditate well.]
0. The standpoint of Kabir Saheb is integrative. He believed in integrating spiritual knowledge (Jnana), action (Karma) and Yoga or unison. Yoga basically means the union of body, mind and spirit. It is uniting all the aspects of you or uniting with a higher power or spiritual force. You can believe in a God or gods, or nothing at all. The great sages, who did extensive research of ancient treatises of Vedas and Puranas, came to realize that swaying our mind on a swing of devotion, truly provides happiness of highest level.
1. Spiritually enlightened saints have always pointed at two pillars of realization and devotion. Kabir Ji taking similar viewpoint indicates at the two pillars of discretion (Vivek) and asceticism (Vairagya). The soul suspended on the two pillars of discretion and asceticism is tied with a rope of love for the Supreme Soul, i. e. God. Such a spiritual swing of ultimate soulful happiness is embellished decorated with tranquillity within mind (Sham), self-restraint (Dama), contentment (Santosh) and remission or pardon (Kshama).
2. Highlighting the significance of such divine swing, Kabidas Ji, reflects that great many divine and fortunate personalities like Bhagwan Shankar, Sage Sanak and others (सनकादि = सनक + आदि)*, Prahlad, Dhruva, Narad Muni and others have happily swayed on such a spiritual swing.
3. When the innumerable billions of spiritual seekers and enlightened beings of this world availed the utmost pleasure of swaying on this swing with devotional love and affection, their hearty joy knew no bounds. Saint Kabir says, whoever sways on such a swing, with ultimate sense of devotion can get liberated from the pangs and anguish of life and death. Spiritual meaning here is, dedicate oneself to God with absolute faith. Love always calls for sacrifice or relinquishment.
*When Brahma undertook the task of creating the universe, he first created some beings from different parts of his body to aid him. The Kumaras were the first such beings. Puranic texts of Hinduism describe them as, who roam the universe as children, and they are generally named Sanaka kumara, Sanatana kumara, Sanandana kumara and Sanat kumara. They are described as the first mind-born creations and sons of the creator-god Brahma. Born from Brahma's mind, the four Kumaras undertook lifelong vows of celibacy (Brahmacharya) against the wishes of their father. They are said to wander throughout the materialistic and spiritualistic universe without any desire but with purpose to teach.
1. આ પદની સમજૂતી ('કબીર ભજન સુધા', ઈશ્વરભાઈ પ્ર. પટેલ (પરમાર્થી))