નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૭૪૧, રાગ - સોરંગી
Nādbrahma pada - 741, rāga - sorangi
Orna Bhajan Mandal (Recorded on December 9, 2010)
Uda Bhakt Samaj
જી રે સરસ્વત સ્વામીને વિનવું, અને માગું એક પસાયો દે;
જી રે ભોળી ભક્તિએ ગાઈએ, કોટ બ્રહ્માંડનો રાય દે ... સોરંગીયા ૧
ji re sarasvat svāmi-ne vinavu, ane māguň eka pasāyo de
ji re bholi bhakti-e gā-ii-e, kot brahmāňd-no rāy de ... soraňgi-yā 1
જી રે સોરંગે શ્રીહરિ ધાઈએ, આરાધીએ ગોકુળ કહાન દે;
જી રે હરજી હરિ પરિબ્રહ્મ, ગુરવા તારા નામ દે ... સોરંગીયા ૨
ji re soraňge shri-hari dhā-ii-e, ārādhi-e gokul kahān de
ji re haraji hari pari-brahma, guravā tārā nām de ... soraňgi-yā 2
જી રે સંસાર સાગર અતિ દોહ્યલો, ઊંડો ને અતિ અપાર દે;
જી રે રામનામ કર બોલડી, ઉતરીએ પેલે પાર દે ... સોરંગીયા ૩
ji re saňsar sāgar ati dohyalo, uňdo ne ati apār de
ji re rām-nām kar boladi, utari-e pele pār de ... soraňgi-yā 3
જી રે કોટ બ્રહ્માંડ ભાંજે ઘડે, તે કંડીએ કેમ સમાય દે;
જી રે કોને ચઢાવું ફૂલ પાંદડી, જેને ચૌદ ભોવન મુખ માંહે દે ... સોરંગીયા ૪
ji re kot brahmāňd bhāňje ghade, te kaňdi-e kem samāy de
ji re kone chaDhāvu ful paňdadi, jene cha-u-da bhovan mukh māňhe de ... soraňgi-yā 4
જી રે આતમ વિદ્યા જાણીને, ગુણ તારુણીમાં રાચ્યો દે;
જી રે કોટ બ્રહ્માંડ વ્યાપી રહ્યો, તે કેવલ બ્રહ્મ અવાચ દે ... સોરંગીયા ૫
ji re ātam vidyā jāni-ne, gun tāruni-maň rāchyo de
ji re kot brahmānd vyāpi rahyo, te keval brahma avāch de ... soraňgi-yā 5
જી રે ભક્ત વત્સલ ભણી ઓલંગ્યો, અને વળીમા કરશો કાં ન દે;
જી રે સેવ્યો ગર્ભ સંકુષ્ટ દુઃખ ટાળે, એ નિશ્ચે મન આણો દે ... સોરંગીયા ૬
ji re bhakta vatsal bhani olaňgyo, ane valimā kar-sho kāň na de
ji re sevyo garbh saňkushta dukh tāle, e nishche man āno de ... soraňgi-yā 6
જી રે તુલસી કેરે પાંદડે, પુતનાનો રિપુ પૂજો દે;
જી રે મોહ મત્સર પદરહરો, આત્મજ્ઞાન બૂઝો દે ... સોરંગીયા ૩૬
ji re tulasi kere paňdade, putanā-no ripu pujo de
ji re moh matsar padarharo, ātma-gnān bujho de ... soraňgi-yā 36
જી રે લક્ષ્મી સહિત હરિ સેવીએ, સેવ્યો લીલા વિલાસ દે;
જી રે મનવાંચ્છિત ફલ પામીએ, તે રાજા શ્રી અવિનાશ દે ... સોરંગીયા ૩૭
ji re lakshmi sahit hari sevi-e, sevyo lilā vilās de
ji re man-vaňch-chhit fal pāmi-e, te rājā shri avinash de ... soraňgi-yā 37
1. Ornā Bhajan Mandal - December 9, 2010
[The Vedas and Puranas are being referred to as leading guide for the humanity, and the Vedas, the commandments of the vedas or the spiritual treatises have deeper impact on the Man's Life. As such, inquisitiveness or curiosity to learn these volumes knowledge prevails among the spiritual seekers. However, not all may be able to read the ancient scriptures. Nevertheless, such people can easily follow the path of worshiping God or spiritual meditation, and thus can attain the grace of the Supreme Almighty. Making submission for the venerations before God, in favor of the conventional worshipers, Adhyaru Ji Maharaj has showed that, such simple disciples and believers are also worthy of the grace of the Supreme Soul, and 'Sorangi' is a shade of devotion.
The verses of 'Sorangi' vividly narrates such devout involved in the worship of God. One needs to acquire specific education to study the Vedas or Puranas. However, the Goddess of Sarswati, bestows a spiritual seeker with a path of attaining emancipation through praying God. A disciple does not have to learn the ancient treatises, but he straightway gets connected with the Supreme Soul. God is benevolent enough to have mercy upon His disciples. And the disciple who has been enthralled by 'Sorangi' is always happy-go-lucky kind of an individual. He is least concerned with the different hues and shades of the life. He is just absorbed in divine love. A 'Sorangi' or an individual, who has thrown to winds all his worldly concerns and meditating on perceived image of the Supreme Divinity, is fancifully least concerned with his appearance or attire. The path of attain divine grace is such that a seeker does not have to labour to study different spiritual scriptures having to worship Goddess Saraswati.
But on the side-line, let us understand what 'Sorangi' is. 'Sorangi' is a kind of vegetation. The ascetics dye their loincloths with the dye obtained from the flowers of this vegetation. Sorangi are of two types - male and female, which grow on different trees. These trees grow abundantly on Western Ghat hills in Maharashtra to Kanada in Konkan region. The buds of these flowers are being sold as Nag Kesar, having botanical name - Mesua ferrea. However, these lack in receptive qualities of Rose Chestnut (Mesua ferrea). Before these buds come to full bloom, they taste sweet which are source of vigour. In the months of Magh and Fagun (January to February or February to March), these trees flower and its fragrance spread in the forests. Unopened buds of these flowers are dried and exported for manufacturing dyes. The reddish color obtained from these buds is used for dyeing high grades silk or muslin cloths. These flowers are also used in producing medicines and fragrant hair oils. The taste of the bark of this tree is bitter, and its wood is used in construction. While the ascetics prefer using this excellent type of colors, the worldly masses take delight in wearing garments dyed with this shade of color on auspicious and religious festivals.
1. The worshiper beseeches the Saraswat Swami with utmost earnestness and innocence at heart for the divine grace. We will sing in your praise and worship you with true religious fervor. We will sing aloud with all innocence that you, the Almighty, are an Emperor of the Brahmaand or the Universe. You are as wonderfully handsomely colorful as Sorangi.
Colors are one of the most beautiful and also one of the most under-appreciated aspects of the physical realm. We are surrounded by colors, but how often do we notice the numerous subtleties in the myriad shades? Colors hold significance for people around the world. Not only do colors influence emotion, but they also hold meaning in religion and various cultures.
Spiritually, color can impart information, both as in aura colors, and energy - as in healing. The aura is the spiritual energy field surrounding living beings which is "visible" to the psychically sensitive eyes. It would be helpful for those interested in spiritual studies, to understand and realize spiritual significance of the shades governed by In reference to 'Sorangi' - Red, Orange and White. White acts as a canvas for all colors to stand out vividly. White is associated with truth, purity, cleansing, healing and protection. It is a good general healing color for the removal of pain and suffering. In the aura it signifies a high level of attainment, a higher level soul incarnate to help others.
Red and Orange colors are derived from the flowers of 'Sorangi' tree, which have been referred above. Red symbolizes energy, passion, strength, courage, physical activity, creativity, warmth, and security, whereas, Orange symbolizes individual's relationship to the external world, the needs and wants of the physical body and the ways in which these are satisfied, the world of work.
2. A spiritual seeker enchanted by splendorous image of God says, our prayers are formed of all hues and shades of spirituality having different aspects. God, you have been worshiped and adored by different names in the universe like Krishna of Gokul and Lord of the Universe. But ultimately it is you Almighty, who can equivocally accept our prayers.
3. Sadly, this ocean of life is arduous, fathomlessly deep and boundless. As if advising the tongue to chant the name of Rama, a spiritual seeker realizes that as the way of fathoming the span of the ocean of life and ultimately attain emancipation. In fact, for God different shades of worships, colors of attire and methods are of least importance. God just seeks true and ardent devotion from the worshipers.
4. God is mightier to devastate or create millions of Universes; that is why we address God as the Supreme Almighty. Have you ever wondered how God in the form of such mightiest child could have been accommodated in a small bamboo basket carried by Vadudev or borne within the womb of Devaki. Astounded by supreme powers of the Almighty, a seeker wonders saying, who does he proffer flowers and leaves of plants like Tulsi (Basil) or Bili (Bael), in whose mouth fourteen universes dwells?
5. We all possess an essence of the Supreme Soul. Having learnt that, spiritual devotion is like a beautiful young woman immersed in love of her beloved God. Dwelling in the Supreme Divine realm, God is said to be omnipotent in millions of Universes, and his significance is indecipherable and beyond description by the treatises of pure theology.
Worshiping Lord Vishnu a spiritual seeker says,
पुनरपि जननं पुनरपि मरणं पुनरपि जननीजठरे शयनम् ।
इह संसारे बहु दुस्तारे कृपयाऽपारे पाहि मुरारे ॥
[અર્થ: વારંવાર જન્મ, વારંવાર મરણ, વારંવાર ગર્ભમાં શયન. આ સંસારને પાર કરવો બહુ જ મુશ્કેલ છે. માટે હે મુરારી, મારા પર કૃપા કરીને મને આ સંસાર-સાગર પાર કરાવી દો.
Meaning: Again and again birth, again and death, again and again to sleep in a womb. It is very difficult to fathom over this ocean of life. Therefore, O' Murari (Lord Vishnu) please help me cross over this ocean of life.]
6. I pray for your divine grace, since you love your devout. Serving the people in dire need of assistance is like serving the God, and that is the only way to attain divine grace. Besides, God is known to alleviate one from the anguishes of being subjected to the painful life-cycle of birth and death.
36. Worship Lord Krishna - an enemy of Putana, with leaves of Tulsi (Basil leaves). Worshiping Krishna will bestow you with spiritual enlightenment, which shall alleviate you from the Modbus of illusion, malice and arrogance. Having attained freedom from such spiritual morbidity, you will be able to realize the true undiluted realization of the Supreme Soul.
37. Worship Lord Vishnu, accompanied by Goddess Lakshmi and rejoice envisioning them inspiring love and peace in the universe. Worshiping Lord Vishnu with absolute faith and devotion would fulfill your wishes and alleviate you from worldly anguish. Truly speaking, spiritually devoted worshiper find joy of dwelling in eternal realm of Lord Vishnu.
1. સોરંગી - આ પદની સમજૂતી ('શ્રી પદ્મનાભજી અધ્યારૂજીના કીર્તન - ગુજરાતી ભાવાનુંવાદ', સ્વામી જગદીશચંદ્ર યદુનાથ)