નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૩૮૪, રાગ - બિલાવલ
Nādbrahma pada 384, rāga - bilāval
Dhaman Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1971)
રામ કહો પિંજર કે સુવા;
અજહુ ખબર પડત નહિ અંધે, ધંધો કરતા સકલ જુગ મુઆ ... ટેક
rām kaho piňjar ke suvā
ajahu khabar padat nahi aňdhe, dhaňdho karatā sakal jag mu-ā ... repeat
ઘડી સુથાર કઠેરા કીના, અજહુ સાજ નિશ્ચલ નહિ હુઆ;
અંતકાલ રિપુ હો તમ જ્યારે, હાર ચલ્યો જૈસે જુહારી જુહા ... ૧
ghadi suthār katherā kinā, ajahu sāj nish-chal nahi hu-ā
aňt-kāl ripu ho tam jyāre, hār chalyo jai-se juhāri juhā ... 1
આશા નિજ પાંચ પનિહારી, ઘટત નાંહિ કર્મજલ કુઆ;
કહે કબીર જેણે હરિ રસ લીધો, વોહી કે મુખ અમૃત ચુઆ ... ૨
āshā nij pāňch pani-hāri, ghatat nāhi karma-jal ku-ā
kahe kabir jene hari ras lidho, vohi ke mukh amrut chu-ā ... 2
1. Dhaman, Asundar, Padgha, Sarai - 1981, Mumbai
2. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - December 16, 2013
3. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - April 19, 2015
4. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - November 2, 2015
0. In this bhajan, the parrot in a cage is symbolic representation of soul caged in human body. Saint Kabir says, O’ parrot of cage; chant the name 'Rām'. Still you have not realized the truth, while blindly you are engaged doing all worldly activities.
1. A carpenter curved and created banisters i.e. limitations, and till date you have not been steadied in the life. And when the end of life comes as an enemy to you, you left the world like a loser gambler, which means, without gaining anything.
2. Anticipation is akin to five women fetching water from a well. They go on pulling water out of the well, represented here as a bottomless source of Karma, which never gets emptied and soul goes on satiating one Karma after the other. But Saint Kabir says that, whoever has tasted the elixir of the devotion toward Supreme Divinity, it is like his mouth has sipped Amrut (nectar or juice making person immortal).